About the Tejana
My whole life I have been nestled by the branches of the Mesquite tree that surrounded the rural town that I grew up in. The place where this small country girl set her sights on those big city lights. It was the place where two dual cultures exist.
Tejana Made means Texas Made. Tejana and Tejanos come from the Spanish word for Mexican Texans. It is a term that I cling to most often when I describe my cultural heritage. I am Texas and it is me.
I am a recently divorced mom with three children who has recently opened her heart to love again. I hold a degree in English and currently am a teacher at a local high school. I also write on my education blog called Stacked Pages.
20 things about Me
- My favorite show is Supernatural.
- My favorite color is Turquoise.
- I love bling. It must be a Texas thang y’all.
- Boots are STILL my favorite accessory.
- My favorite Santo is St. Michael.
- Hands down favorite food is Chinese.
- I can speak a little Spanish just enough to survive.
- I want to own a 67 Impala see 1 for reason.
- I love to BBQ
- I can get wordy and down right purple prose style when I am nostalgic.
- Favorite taco is Carne Guisada with Cheese and Avocado
- Favorite Artist is either Lila Downs or Ramon Ayala ( DC loves Banda music and Siggno)
- I love the Virgen of Guadalupe
- I own Tejana Made Designs
- I have 3 children… DJ, Mara, and Baby
- I have fallen in love with Mexican Blusas and Blusons
- Traveling has become my new favorite past time.
- Diet Pepsi is my soulmate.
- I am writing two fiction books.
- My favorite movie is Gladiator.